By default WordPress, admin URL common paths are /admin, /login, /wp-login.php but to secure your WordPress website from attacks and hacking, it’s essentially required to change the default WordPress admin login URL.
If you still using WordPress default login URL on your website, then it’s most likely a chance that a number of brute-force attacks are ongoing on your WordPress login page to crack your WordPress login credentials.
So you are now thinking what is Bruteforce attack?
According to Wikipedia: A brute-force attack consists of an attacker submitting many passwords or passphrases with the hope of eventually guessing a combination correctly. The attacker systematically checks all possible passwords and passphrases until the correct one is found.
Sounds horrible? Here is what you can do to prevent this?
You can simply stop such attacks on your website by doing a simple thing. This will be your first step to make your website secure.
- Login to Your WordPress Admin Dashboard.
- Then click on Plugins > Add New
- On the search box search for the “WPS Hide Login” Plugin then install & activate the plugin.
- Then navigate to Settings > WPS Hide Login and enter a new login URL which is not easily trackable by hackers and click on Save Changes.
5. That’s it. You made your WordPress safe and secure now.
If you enjoyed this article, then you’ll love Hivalidity’s WordPress hosting platform. Turbocharge your website and get 24/7 support from our veteran WordPress team. Our Cloud powered infrastructure focuses on auto-scaling, performance, and security. Let us show you the Hivalidity difference! Check out our plans.